- Quit smoking. Firsthand or secondhand, it's all out of hand.
- Eat fish, fruit, vegetables, and 100% whole grains. We do. These low-cal, high-nutrient foods reduce all kinds of cancer risk (heart disease, too).
- Cut bad fats and meat. The saturated fat (and calorie overkill) in red meat and full-fat dairy puts you at higher risk for both colon and prostate cancer (and all kinds of other trouble).
- Watch your waist. Staying slim cuts down on breast, prostate, lung, colon, and kidney cancers.
- Exercise. Just a brisk 30-minute walk daily fights both colon cancer and breast cancer.
- Go easy on alcohol. No "Cheers." More than one daily drink for women and two for guys increases risk of breast, colon, lung, kidney, and liver cancers.
- Block that sun. Hats, cover-ups, shade, and SPF 30 sunscreen can protect you from skin cancer. Literally.
- See your doc. Get screened for skin, colon, prostate, cervix, and breast cancers.
- Zap cancer-causing viruses. Get vaccinated against hepatitis B and HPV (human papillomavirus).
Take the RealAge Test!