Question

Calories

How many calories can I burn vacuuming?

• In this instance, a bigger house is better! A 150 pound person can burn around 239 calories an hour pushing the vacuum around.
  • A 150 pound person can burn approximately 238 calories per hour vacuuming the house.
  • Different people burn calories at different rates, but the level of intensity and the duration of your chosen activity will determine how many calories you will burn. Yes, it's true, even vacuuming burns some calories! Generally speaking, the faster your heart rate, the greater the caloric burn. So if you've got a huge house and work at a vigorous pace, you could even consider it a cardio workout. Did you know that you can increase the rate at which you burn calories? By simply adding a little lean muscle to your body by participating in a resistance training program, you can increase the number of calories your body burns on a daily basis. A faster metabolism means less body fat. You don't need to look like a bodybuilder to benefit from this either, even a little new muscle will help. Your new and improved metabolism will help you burn more calories day and night, and applies to all activities, including vacuuming. Happy house cleaning!
How many calories can I burn doing yardwork?