- The bruise is accompanied by persistent pain or a headache.
- The bruise appears in the abdominal region and is accompanied by vomiting or abdominal pain. (This could indicate an internal injury.)
- A black eye appears following a head injury.
- The bruise appears while you are taking anticoagulant drugs.
- The bruise appears, and you have been diagnosed with a blood disorder such as hemophilia.
- A bruise appears often or multiplies within a short time for no apparent reason.
- The bruise does not heal in 2 to 3 weeks. (The bruise color and any swelling should be gone.)
- The bruise becomes infected. This will take at least 24 hours. Signs of infection would include redness and tenderness on uninjured skin around the bruise, red streaks, or fever.
A Answers (1)
RealAge answeredReasons to call a healthcare professional for a bruise: