The foods you eat have incredible power to heal -- or harm -- your body. Below are the top superfoods that have been shown to protect you from breast cancer. Incorporate them as much as you can into your daily diet:
- Green tea: Three cups of green tea a day can prevent breast cancer by as much as 50% because of its high EGCG antioxidant content. Squeeze a little lemon into your cup, and increase the antioxidant power 10 times.
- Garlic: A good immunity-booster that also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Olive oil: This monounsaturated fat can help suppress tumor activity.
- Turmeric: This spice known for its beautiful orange color also helps decrease estrogen. As little as one teaspoon a day has been shown to reduce tumor growth. Get your daily dose by mixing it into salad dressings, rice, or vegetable dishes.
- Cruciferous vegetables: Leafy greens like kale, bok choy, and Swiss chard bind estrogen in your GI tract and reduce tumor stimulation. They also detoxify the liver, so you don't have toxins flowing through your body that can irritate cells and turn them into early cancers.
- Seaweed: High in iodine, this is another estrogen reducer.