Protein is key to muscle strength. This salad composed of grilled shrimp over three kinds of healthy greens has plenty of it -- 45 grams. It’s practically carb-free too, so if cutting carbohydrates is part of your healthy eating plan, it’s a near-perfect recipe.
Radicchio Salad with Lemon-Herb Grilled Shrimp
- Serves 4
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cups bite-size pieces frisée or curly endive
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Place in a resealable plastic bag with the shrimp. Shake gently to coat shrimp with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Mix together vinegar, tarragon and shallot in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and re-whisk before using.)
To cook the shrimp, heat a grill or grill pan on high. Remove shrimp from marinade, shake off excess and grill until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Combine grilled shrimp with radicchio, baby greens and frisée in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and divide among four plates.