- Buy shoes that fit well, with low heels and plenty of room for your toes.
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Trim toenails straight across.
- Wear sandals or shower shoes in locker rooms or public swimming pools.
- Exercise your feet regularly.
- Protect the skin of your feet from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Inspect the skin of your feet routinely for changes.
A Answers (1)
Christopher Chiodo, MD, Orthopedic Surgery, answeredHere are some basic steps to help prevent many foot problems: