What Are Joints?
Standing, bending, climbing, walking, running, jumping, lifting a baby -- so many of our daily activities require healthy, functional joints. While some joints (like the knees) provide stability, others (like the wrists, ankles and hips) enable us to move. Learn how to protect your joints from injury and keep your joints healthy for life.How Joints Work
Healthy Joints for Life
If you suffer from joint pain, it’s important to maintain a healthy weight and find the right forms of exercise that will take pressure off your joints. Get started with these joint-friendly tips.Get Advice from Dr. Oz
What's Causing Your Joint Pain?Get the Tips
AskMDGot joint pain? Find out more about your symptoms
The number of people suffering from
psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
The National Psoriasis Foundation
Bone and Joint Health Q&As
Rick Olderman, MSPT
What can cause stress on the knee and hip joints?
When a leg bone is rotated out, the feet will usually have to follow by pointing slightly outward too. If instead the feet point straight ahead (which we are all taught to do when walking and running)…
- Q What causes noisy joints?
- Q What does it mean if my joints pop?
- Q How can good posture help protect my joints?
- Q Why does my knee hurt when the weather changes?
- Q Why is resistance training good for your joints?
- Q Why are knee joints so vulnerable to breakdown with aging?
- Q Why is your hip joint so important-and especially prone to fracture?
- Q How do tight stiff muscles affect my joints?
- Q What are spinal joints?
- Q How do weak muscles affect my joints?
Joint Pain Action Plans
Don't let joint aches go undiagnosed or untreated. Use these steps to find out what's causing your pain.
Getting Enough Pain Relief? How Osteoarthritis Harms Your Bones Do You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis? How Old Are Your Joints? Learn More: See All Joint Health Articles
Joint Health VideosSee more joint health videos
Understand the Pain Game
Does Your Pain Point to Arthritis?
When do morning shoulder aches and throbbing knees mean something more? Find out if your symptoms could signal arthritis.
Joint Care 101
3 Tips to Protect Your Joints
Start saving your joints today. Practice these healthy lifestyle habits and keep your joints strong for years to come.