In a world where we are all different, our uniqueness should be embraced. Unfortunately most of us are bombarded every day with messages that we are not good enough, and then we start to believe it.
Here are a few steps to get yourself into shape and improve your body image.
1. Find ways to make getting fit fun – If you have to drag yourself to workout maybe you should change what you are doing.
2. Try something - this is a great way to boost your body image. Take a class, or try a new workout routine.
3. Keep your motivation high by sharing your success with friends and family.
4. Be realistic – if your goal is to lose weight, and get in shape don’t expect it to happen overnight.
5. Get a nutrition boost – stop feeling guilty about what you have been eating and start eating right!
Learning to love yourself for what you really are is not an easy thing to do, but it’s worth it!
More Answers from Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert