Question

Benefits of Regular Exercise

What can I do to fight fatigue?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Four Secret Fatigue Fighters

Fatigue affects millions of Americans every day. Learn about four secrets to fight fatigue in this video by Dr. Oz.

Helpful? 6 people found this helpful.
  • AShawn Talbott, PhD, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
    Dr. Shawn Talbott - What can I do to fight fatigue?

Nutrition, exhaustion and supplement specialist Dr. Shawn Talbott discusses what you can do to fight fatigue. Watch Dr. Talbott's video for tips and information on nutritional supplements.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • ARobert DeVito, Administrator, answered

There are physical, environmental and mental strategies that you can utilize to feel more energy and fight that tired feeling.

1. Physical

• Stay active. An object in motion stays in motion. An object at rest stays at rest. The more frequent you can get up and move around - the better you will feel.

* Set an alarm at work for every 20-30 minutes. Get out of your chair and go for a walk. It will refresh you and increase your productivity.

* Stretch during these periods.

* Sit upright (not slumped) in your office chair.

• Exercise consistently. Be sure to engage in vigorous (heart pumping) activity for at least 20 minutes daily. Take part in cardiovascular and resistance training activities.
    • Drink Water. Staying hydrated provides the body part of what it needs to optimize energy. Dehydration leads to fatigue.
    • Get adequate rest. Find out how many hours you need to get to feel re-energized. Alter your schedule to insure that you get it.
    • Take your Multi Vitamin. Let's face it - no one eats perfectly all of the time and a Vitamin Supplement is nutritional insurance.
    • Eat Healthier Foods. Feed your body with quality foods and you will feel better.

2. Environmental

• Listen up. Listen to inspiring music during your "fatigue times" to get yourself out of your daze.
    • Brighten up. Turn on extra lights to create a brighter, more energetic environment.
    • Avoid "downer" people. If you surround yourself with negative/ "tired" people all of the time you are helping to create a "tired" environment. Surround yourself with high-energy people or if you cannot do that then imagine how high-energy people would act and do that!

3. Mental

• FIGHT "Tired". Watch your self-talk. If you are labeling yourself as tired then you are more likely to feel and act tired. Use positive self-talk to speed up your energy.
    • Focus on your tasks and goals. Think about what you are doing and why you are doing it. If you do this you cannot think about how tired you are and you will soon forget that you are tired.

There are a good number of short-term and long-term solutions to attack "Fatigue" from multiple fronts. Use them in good health!

Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • There are several key methods that you should employ to help fight fatigue.

• Strive for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
    • Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days per week.
    • Eat a healthy diet low in processed sugar and refined carbohydrates. Opt for healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean protein to give your body the energy boost it needs.
    • Consume a daily multivitamin.
    • Drink a minimum of 9-12 cups of water per day. Chronic dehydration causes fatigue.
    • Reduce stress through relaxation techniques.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How does exercise help me fight infection as I get older?