Question

Belly Fat

What exercises can help me lose belly fat?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    To shave off your big middle, you want to practice interval training that involves sudden bursts of high-intensity movement alternated with lower intensity movement. Using an exercise stepper, begin by stepping up and down at a moderate pace for two to five minutes. Then crank up the pace for 30 seconds to one minute, until you can feel your heart rate has increased and you're slightly out of breath. Then go back to the more moderate pace. Repeat throughout the workout. This method boosts both your aerobic and anaerobic systems to speed metabolism and burn belly fat.
    Helpful? 7 people found this helpful.
  • ARealAge answered

Belly fat prefers when you sit, so if you want to make the bad stuff around your waist scram, it's time to get up and move. Just 3 hours a week of aerobic exercise (e.g., walking, jogging, cycling, elliptical training) can bust belly fat. You just need to do it at an up tempo, not at window-shopping speed.

Take the RealAge Test!

Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • ARegina Tula , NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered

If you are an older adult or have been immobile for a while and wish to diminish belly fat. I would recommend the same type of interval training mentioned above with a twist. Since sudden burst may be difficult at first, if you have been stagnant for a while, I recommend isometric exercises that increase heart rate such as a plank on an airex pad* for extra cushion, at a rate of 20 seconds to start and gradually increase the time up progressing to 2 minutes. Each attempt should be (2) two minutes with needed rest in between. This exercise increase core stability, stamina, and is a great start for any person who may have difficulties at first with High intensity movements.

• AJorge Cruise, Fitness, answered
    Jorge Cruise - What exercises can help me lose belly fat?

Tired of lugging around that spare tire? You can tighten your belly in less than a minute a day with one simple move. In this video, fitness expert and author Jorge Cruise explains how.

Helpful? 5 people found this helpful.
As a woman over 40, how can I get rid of my stomach fat?