GPC may be treated by:
- Stopping contact lens wear for several days or weeks to let the irritation heal and disappear
- Using eyedrop medicine to reduce swelling and itchiness
- Changing the type of contact lenses you wear
- Cleaning your contact lenses more frequently with enzymes
- Not using preserved lens solutions, and switching to unpreserved salt solutions
- Limiting the amount of time you wear your lenses each day
GPC can be an ongoing problem. If you notice symptoms of GPC returning, you should see your ophthalmologist (eye m.D.) immediately. If GPC keeps coming back, your ophthalmologist may suggest that you not wear contact lenses at all.
Your ophthalmologist will work with you to find the best way to treat GPC.