Exercise can prevent lower back pain in a variety of ways:
1. Weight bearing exercise can build bone and muscle strength which will increase stability and decrease the risk of injury.
2. Exercising can modulate inflammation by modulating blood sugar levels and can reduce cravings for inflammatory foods which rob the body of bone building nutrients. This will also help manage weight which prevents excess strain on the joints.
3. Stretching exercises can increase agility and ligament strength, and builds collagen.
4. Various studies show that exercise not only prevents low back pain by increasing circulation and nutrients to the area, but also helps the body recover faster.
5. A recent study showed that those with chronic pain who exercised reported less pain and experienced more emotional well-being. A positive affect can decrease pain perception.