Scheduled appointments help your doctor monitor your overall treatment. But sometimes new or worsening symptoms require quicker care, especially if they indicate that your asthma is poorly controlled.
Here are the signs of poor asthma control that require an appointment right away:
- Your asthma symptoms flare up more than two days a week.
- You reach for your quick-relief medication more than two days a week.
- You wake up more than one to two times a month because of symptoms.
- You cut back on activities, like walking, climbing stairs or working, because of your asthma.
- Your peak flow drops below 80% of your "personal best."