Question

Asperger's Syndrome

Should I talk to my doctor about my child's Asperger's syndrome symptoms?

• If your child displays symptoms such as poor development and communication skills that are interfering with your child's performance at school or at home, you will want to bring this to your doctor's attention. If your child does have Asperger's syndrome, it is important for them to get proper care. Your doctor will take a history of the child's background and have the child take standardized tests. The results from the tests as well as the child's background will help the doctor determine if your child suffers from Asperger's syndrome.

What is the prognosis for children with Asperger syndrome (AS)?