- Take your warfarin exactly as prescribed by your physician or anticoagulation service.
- Keep your scheduled blood test -- Inform your doctor or anticoagulation service if you are unable to do so.
- Notify your doctor or the anticoagulation service of any new or discontinued medications.
- Notify your physician immediately if you experience any signs of bleeding.
- Notify anyone providing you medical or dental care that you are taking warfarin.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet stating that you are on an anticoagulant.
- Never "double-up" to make up for missed doses.
- Do not take warfarin if you are pregnant.
A Answers (1)
Brigham and Women's Hospital answeredFollowing are the do's and don'ts of taking warfarin: