Before your appointment, make a list of your symptoms, including when you experience them and when you don't as well as what works to relieve them and what doesn't.
At your appointment for your allergy symptoms, you can expect your doctor to:
- Ask about your symptoms, medical history, and any family history of allergies or asthma
- Ask about medications you're taking
- Check your nose, eyes, ears, and throat
- Check your lungs by listening to your breathing
- Check your skin for rashes
If you and your doctor suspect seasonal allergies or allergic asthma is at work, you may choose to try over-the-counter or prescription medications to relieve your symptoms. Your doctor may also suggest allergy testing to gather more information or may refer you to a specialist (allergist/immunologist).