Question

Achieving Orgasm

Why is orgasm hard to achieve early in a relationship?

• AEmily Nagoski, Psychology, answered on behalf of Good In Bed

A woman is less likely to have orgasms early in a relationship. Her body needs time to adapt to the new partner, to learn to trust him or her, and to relax into the knowledge that her partner accepts and appreciates her body. At the same time, good partners revel in bringing a

woman to orgasm. I like that in a partner, both personally and conceptually; I approve of people who enjoy women’s orgasms, on principle. Ideal partners recognize that a woman’s orgasms might be thin on the ground early on, and happily recognize that her intense pleasure, even in the absence of orgasm, isn’t a sign of failure but an encouraging sign that things are moving in the right direction. Then when the orgasm does happen, it’s a delicious and joyful indication that she’s moved to a new place in her connection with her partner. Hooray!

Find out more about this book:

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms
    Buy book
How can I have an orgasm if I am not trying to?