Question

Ab/Core Exercises

What is a good exercise to flatten my belly?

• Unfortunately spot reducing does not work. It is impossible to lose weight strictly in your belly through exercise. Your genetics dictates where you initially lose and gain weight. The best way to lose weight is by performing full body exercise, and increasing your intensity during these workouts. Above all, eat a well-balanced diet that fuels your body for both exercise and proper recovery. Overtime your entire body including your mid-section will become lean and sculpted.
  • AJoel Harper - Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered
    Joel Harper - core workout

Getting your core in shape is the key to a flat stomach. In this video, personal fitness trainer Joel Harper demonstrates a workout for the core that will diminish belly fat.

Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • ASamantha Heller, RD, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
    Samantha Heller - What is a good exercise to flatten my belly?

A good cardio workout will help trim fat all over your body, not just from your belly. Watch this video to learn what registered dietitian Samantha Heller has to say about getting rid of belly flab.

How should I do the one-legged bent-over row exercise?