Vlada Frankenberger, DO
Specialty: Physical Medicine/rehabilitation
- physical medicine/rehabilitation
- pain medicine
Location and Office HoursOrthopedic Associates of Long Island LLP
East Setauket, NY 11733
- monday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- tuesday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- wednesday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- thursday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
- Peconic Bay Medical Center
- St Charles Hospital
Is degenerative disc disease life threatening?
Degenerative disc disease can have no symptoms or be very painful. Very rarely, it can become so severe that the nerves leaving the spinal column are severely entrapped. Without treatment this can lead to paralysis, but it is not life threatening.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Can I live at home after a stroke?
Most stroke survivors are able to return home and resume many of the activities they were involved in before the stroke. Leaving the hospital may seem scary at first because so many things may have changed. The hospital staff can help prepare you to move home or perhaps to another setting that can better meet your needs.
How do I prepare for a trigger point injection?
There are a few things you can do to make your trigger point injection procedure go better:
See all Fibromyalgia questions
- Medication changes. You may be asked to stop taking certain medications, such as blood thinners (Coumadin), before the procedure. Be sure to check with your doctor before stopping any medications.
- Medication list. On the day of the procedure, bring a list of all your current medications to the appointment. This includes over-the-counter medications and vitamins.
- X-rays or other images. Bring these on the day of the procedure as well.
- Medical history. Be sure to tell your doctor about any history of allergic reaction to medications.