Browse the internet to find a good general practitioner or any doctor. Check out credentials and board certification. Check with the nearby hospital for the chief of staff for the specialty you desire. Always seek 2 if not 3 consultations and bring a check list of questions with you during your visit.
Tysen J Petre, DO
Specialty: Family Medicine
Location and Office HoursSSM St Charles Clinic Medical Group
Saint Peters, MO 63376
- monday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- tuesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- wednesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Anthem BCBS MO
- CIGNA HealthCare of St Louis
- Coventry Health Care
- Great-West Healthcare CIGNA
- Group Health Plan/Coventry
- Harmony/Wellcare Health Plan
- Healthcare USA of Missouri
- Humana Health Plan
- Premier/Mercy Health Plans
- TRICARE North/HealthNet Federal Services
- United Healthcare
- Barnes-Jewish St Peter's Hospital
- SSM St Joseph Health Center
- SSM St Joseph Hospital West
How can I find a good general practioner where I live?
Stuart Linder, MD, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, answered
What is a general practitioner?
The term “General Practitioner” is a colloquial one and refers to a physician in general practice, which generally means Primary Care. They may be either internists or Family Practitioners.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
Why do I need a doctor if I am healthy?
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredPeople who have doctors live longer, and they live better. If you don't have a doctor, it's like going into dock with a big ship without a captain on board. You end up smacking into the wall of the dock, and you cause more problems that you can't fix down the road.Helpful? 3 people found this helpful.
See all Healthcare Basics questions