- taking a brisk walk (outside or inside on a treadmill)
- taking a low-impact aerobics class
- swimming or doing water aerobic exercises
- taking a bicycle ride outdoors or using a stationary bicycle indoors
- ice-skating or roller-skating
- playing tennis
Shawnee D Weir, MD
Location and Office HoursRaleigh Endocrine Associates
Raleigh, NC 27609
- BC/BS of North Carolina
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Coventry Health Care (Wellpath)
- Great-West Healthcare CIGNA
- Optimum Choice of the Carolinas/MAMSI (United Healthcare)
- PARTNERS National Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- WellPath Select
- Duke Raleigh Hospital
- WakeMed Raleigh Campus
What are some examples of aerobic exercise for a person with diabetes?
American Diabetes Association answeredHere are some examples of aerobic exercise. Check the ones you'd like to try:
How can parents encourage good responsibility with diabetes?
Steven Edelman, MD, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, answered
To be a teenager with diabetes can be extremely difficult, says Steven Edelman, MD, director of Taking Control of Your Diabetes. In this video he talks about some of the issues that the teens face.
Does healing after oral surgery take longer?
American Dental Association answeredDiabetes can lower your resistance to infection and can slow the healing process. If you are having extensive oral surgery, your dentist may prescribe antibiotics to minimize the risk of infection. To help the healing process, keep your blood glucose levels under control before, during and after surgery. If you experience any problems, be sure to contact your dentist.
See all Living with Diabetes questions