Regan Holdridge, MD
Location and Office HoursComprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada
Henderson, NV 89074
- Anthem/HMO Nevada (BC/BS)
- Boulder City Hospital
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- MountainView Hospital
- North Vista Hospital
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- St Rose Dominican Hospitals, Rose de Lima Campus
- St Rose Dominican Hospitals, Siena Campus
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
What is meant by a universal blood donor?
American Red Cross answeredIndividuals with the blood group O Rh negative are called “universal donors” because their red blood cells can be transfused to people of all blood groups. This is why the Red Cross is constantly recruiting donors whose blood type is O Rh negative.
Can I donate blood if I have a skin disease?
American Red Cross answered
You may donate blood as long as the skin over the vein to be used to collect blood is not affected. If the skin disease has become infected, wait until the infection has cleared before donating. Taking antibiotics to control acne does not disqualify you from donating.
Guidelines on eligibility to give blood change from time to time. The most up-to-date eligibility information can be obtained by contacting the American Red Cross blood center nearest you.
What does "cardiac" mean?
Cardiac means “pertaining to the heart”: a cardiologist is a heart doctor; myocardial refers to heart muscle.
See all Blood Basics questions