Formerly National Employee Health & Fitness Day, GEHFM has been extended to a month-long initiative in an effort to generate sustainability for a healthy lifestyle and initiate healthy activities on an ongoing basis.
Ralph M. Wurster, DO
Specialty: Family Medicine
Location and Office HoursFamily Practice
1530 Celebration Blvd Ste 402
Kissimmee, FL 34747
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health
- Osceola Regional Medical Center
What is Global Employee Health and Fitness Month (GEHFM)?
Global Employee Health & Fitness Month (GEHFM) is an international and national observance of health and fitness in the workplace. Each May, the goal of GEHFM is to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle to employers and their employees through worksite health promotion activities and environments. Participation is free.
Formerly National Employee Health & Fitness Day, GEHFM has been extended to a month-long initiative in an effort to generate sustainability for a healthy lifestyle and initiate healthy activities on an ongoing basis.Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
What factors can impact a woman’s sexual response?
Jame Heskett, MD, Family Medicine, answeredThe biggest factors that impact a woman's sexual response are the following:
1) Stress - Too much stress, being pulled into too many directions, can make sex feel like just one more direction to be pulled in.
2) Physical appearance - Feeling confident physically allows a woman to feel less distracted during sex, worrying about how she looks in her most vulnerable position.
3) Hormones - When a woman's hormones shift throughout the month, and throughout life, her sexual response is impacted. In general, throughout a woman's cycle, the several days around ovulation are the most responsive, but everyone is an individual and it is helpful to pay attention to your own ebb and flow of how your hormones impact your response.
4) Your comfort level with your partner - Trust and comfort go a long way towards enhancing a woman's sexual response. Being with someone who genuinely cares about your experience sexually plays a big role in a positive way.
5) Hydration and circulation - Making sure that your body is well hydrated also will have a positive effect on blood flow and lubrication, both of which enhance the sexual response.
What role does infectious disease play in a pandemic?
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) answered
Any disease caused by a microorganism that is capable of spreading through a population can be termed an infectious disease. An infectious disease is capable of spreading through the general environment by means such as airborne droplets and tainted water or contaminated personal items. Other diseases caused by microorganisms that spread by direct person-to-person contact are more accurately termed contagious diseases. Infectious diseases are often capable of spreading faster and affecting more individuals than are contagious diseases, though both types can and have caused pandemic outbreaks. Historically pandemics typically involve the outbreak of some specific infectious disease.
See all Infectious Disease questions