Rajesh K. Shetty, MD
Location and Office HoursFlorida Eye Specialists, PA
11512 Lake Mead
Jacksonville, FL 32256
- monday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- tuesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- wednesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- BlueCross Blue Shield of Florida
- BlueCross BlueShield
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- United Healthcare
When is ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure highest for my eyes?
HealthyWomen answeredThe time of day influences the available ultraviolet (UV) rays, but eye exposure to it is quite different than for skin. At noon, the UV dose can be as much as 10 times higher than the dose three hours earlier or later. But because the eye is naturally shaded by the brow ridge when the sun is high in the sky, the highest UV radiation exposure for eyes is actually in the morning and midafternoon, rather than at noon, as it is for skin. Sun exposure to the eyes tends to be more constant in fall, winter, and spring when the sun is lower in the sky.
What are the symptoms of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid?
Johns Hopkins Medicine answered
Typical symptoms of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid when it develops in the eyes include redness, pain, tearing, and sensitivity to light.
How does the eye determine distance?
Discovery Health answered
The eye uses three methods for depth perception or determining distance:
See all Eye Conditions questions
- The size a known object has on the retina - If you know the size of an object from previous experience, your brain gauges the distance based on the size of the object reflected on the retina.
- Moving parallax - Moving your head from side to side makes close objects move rapidly across your retina. Far away objects, however, move very little. This way, your brain can figure out roughly how far an object is from you.
- Stereo vision - Each of the eyes receive a unique image of an object on its individual retina. This is because each eye is about 2 inches apart. When an object is close to your eyes this is especially true. This is less useful for far away objects because the images on the retina become more similar the farther they are from your eyes.