Sports-related injuries are by far the most common cause of musculoskeletal injuries in children treated in emergency departments. They are also the single most common cause of injury-related primary care office visits.
Patrick A. Noel, MD
Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
Location and Office HoursDrs Noel & Raiford
Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- Kaiser Permanente Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- Doctors Community Hospital
- Prince George's Hospital Center
- What are the most common types of sports-related injuries in children?
What is the nucleus pulposus?
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredThe nucleus pulposus is the inner gel material of the disks that separate the bones of the spine. Watch to learn more about the spine and these disks.
How can I keep my knees healthy?
RealAge answeredHere are a few of the more tried-and-true methods for keeping knees healthy:
See all Joint Health questions
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Excess pounds raise your risk of knee arthritis.
- Play it safe. A knee injury will triple your risk of knee osteoarthritis. When you exercise, take proper precautions to avoid getting hurt.
- Strengthen your quads. Weak quadriceps muscles are associated with knee arthritis, so work them out regularly, along with your hamstrings and all of your other leg muscles.