- serious falls
- broken bones, especially in the pelvic area or legs
- broken bones with a limb in a plaster cast
- spinal cord injury
- severe burns
- placement of a central venous catheter, especially when placed in the arm
- repetitive motion injury from swimming, weight lifting, etc., increases the risk of blood clots in the arm
Myron E. Bednar, MD
- internal medicine
Location and Office HoursHunterdon Medical
2100 Wescott Dr
Flemington, NJ 08822
- BlueCross BlueShield
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- Horizon BlueCross BlueShield
- Independence BlueCross BlueShield
- United Healthcare
- Hunterdon Medical Center
What injuries can cause blood clots?
RealAge answeredSome injuries may lead to impaired movement, decreasing circulation throughout the body and increasing the likelihood that blood may clot. Accidents and injuries that increase deep vein thrombosis (DVT) risk:
What should I avoid if I have a hemorrhaging disorder?
Piedmont Heart Institute answered
If you have a hemorrhaging disorder, you should avoid contact sports and use protective gear for other activity that may cause injury. Also, some medications should be avoided. Avoid medications containing naproxen, salicylates, or ibuprofen. Blood-thinning medications should also be avoided.
What is the circulatory system?
The circulatory system is considered to the heart, blood vessels and the blood’s circulation.
See all Blood Basics questions