Your child's care team will consist of an attending physician trained in pediatrics and further trained in pediatric critical care, many nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, often resident and fellow doctors in training.
Michael V. Jackson, MD
Specialty: Critical Care Medicine
- critical care medicine
- pulmonary & respiratory medicine
Location and Office HoursNevada Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
236 W 6th St Ste 200
Reno, NV 89503
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- HomeTown Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- Banner Churchill Community Hospital
- Northern Nevada Medical Center
- Renown Regional Medical Center
- Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
Who takes care of my child if they need critical care treatment?
Louise Sivak, Pediatrics, answered
What legal issues should I consider if I have a terminal illness?
If you have a terminal illness, ask yourself following questions. If you answer "no" to any questions, seek legal or financial advice so that you are prepared.
- Do you have an attorney?
- Do you have an advanced care directive?
- Do you have a living will?
- Have you given someone the power of attorney for health decisions?
- Do you have a will covering property?
- Do you have a financial planner?
Who needs an advance medical directive?
MyDirectives answeredUnexpected critical care situations can happen at any age, so all adults, not just the ill or elderly, need advance medical directives. Although you probably know how you feel about emergency medical treatment issues, there may come a time in the future when you are seriously injured or too ill to be able to make or communicate decisions about medical treatment for yourself. In such a situation, advance medical directives provide a record of your wishes so that your family and doctors have a guide in making medical treatment decisions on your behalf that are consistent with your values, beliefs, and preferences.
See all Critical Care questions