But with all that there is to do, how can you even begin to achieve a healthy work/health/love balance?
- In the same way that you schedule in business hours and doctor's appointments, schedule in time for yourself, and time for your partner. These things won't be priorities until you mindfully make them priorities.
- Set a monthly or weekly date night that you're not allowed to reschedule… no matter what.
- Leave work at work. And… well… leave work.
- Do the same with your doctor's appointments and treatment cycles. While it may be tough to think of anything but your health issues, the two of you need to regain the connection you had before cancer. Let those cancer-free convos be a frequent treat.
- Redefine romance and quality time. A partner who does the dishes without asking can be just as romantic as a partner who surprises you with your favorite flowers. And an evening in eating Chinese takeout and watching Netflix DVDs can be just as fun -- and high-quality -- a date as a night out on the town.