Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for the following situations:
- There is obvious deformity.
- There is moderate or severe swelling and discoloration.
- Bones sound or feel like they are rubbing together.
- A snap or pop was heard or felt at the time of the injury.
- The injured person cannot move or use the affected part normally.
- The injured area is cold and numb.
- The injury involves the head, neck, or spine.
- The injured person has trouble breathing.
- The cause of the injury suggests that the injury may be severe.