Visits to the gynecologist should ideally start between ages 13 to 18. This may seem quite young, but we want to see young people before they leave home or become sexually active. By age 17, more than a quarter of teenagers have engaged in sexual intercourse. Data shows that during those first episodes of intercourse contraception and protection are often not used at all, which may lead to disease transmission and unintended pregnancy.
Martin Matalon, MD
Specialty: OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Location and Office HoursGary S Kasten DO
1223B Montauk Hwy
Oakdale, NY 11769
- monday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- tuesday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- wednesday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- thursday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- Southside Hospital
- When should a girl start seeing a gynecologist?
What factors can impact a woman’s sexual response?
Jame Heskett, MD, Family Medicine, answeredThe biggest factors that impact a woman's sexual response are the following:
1) Stress - Too much stress, being pulled into too many directions, can make sex feel like just one more direction to be pulled in.
2) Physical appearance - Feeling confident physically allows a woman to feel less distracted during sex, worrying about how she looks in her most vulnerable position.
3) Hormones - When a woman's hormones shift throughout the month, and throughout life, her sexual response is impacted. In general, throughout a woman's cycle, the several days around ovulation are the most responsive, but everyone is an individual and it is helpful to pay attention to your own ebb and flow of how your hormones impact your response.
4) Your comfort level with your partner - Trust and comfort go a long way towards enhancing a woman's sexual response. Being with someone who genuinely cares about your experience sexually plays a big role in a positive way.
5) Hydration and circulation - Making sure that your body is well hydrated also will have a positive effect on blood flow and lubrication, both of which enhance the sexual response.
What anesthesia is used for endometrial ablation?
Endometrial ablation can be performed with a local anesthetic, says Edmond Pack, MD, an OB/GYN at Southern Hills Hospital. In this video, he says that the procedures can be very rapid, meaning cramping does not last too long.
See all Gynecology questions