If you have heart disease, the following questions can help you talk to your physician about your sexual activity concerns. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
- Will I be able to engage in sexual activity again? If so, when?
- Is one type of sexual activity safer than another?
- Will having sex make me have a heart attack?
- What symptoms will I have if sexual activity is putting too much strain on my heart?
- What should I do if I have chest pain during sex?
- Are any of my current medications affecting my sex life?
- Could erectile dysfunction medications help me? Are there any drug interactions with my current medications?
- Will my heart disease get in the way of a pregnancy?