Lora Lindsey, MD
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Location and Office HoursExceptional Health Care
Saint Peters, MO 63376
- Anthem BCBS MO
- BC/BS of Illinois (BCI)
- CIGNA HealthCare of St Louis
- Coventry Health Care
- Great-West Healthcare CIGNA
- Group Health Plan/Coventry
- Healthcare USA of Missouri
- Premier/Mercy Health Plans
- TRICARE North/HealthNet Federal Services
- United Healthcare
What causes a dark brown vaginal discharge?
Brown vaginal discharge is often old blood that has turned from red to a brown color. It is fairly common to see brown blood at the end of a menstrual period. If you are having brown bleeding or spotting that is not associated with your period you should discuss this with your healthcare provider.Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
What are the drinking guidelines for women?
Boston Women's Health Book Collective, answered
The U.S. guideline for moderate drinking by women is to have no more than one drink a day. Canadian guidelines are similar, recommending no more than nine drinks a week for women.
It is not wise to drink in these situations:
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Before you drive or perform tasks that pose a risk to the safety of yourself or others
- If you are taking medication that reacts negatively with alcohol
- If you have medical problems that are likely to get worse if you drink alcohol
- If you have problems with addiction
Find out more about this book:Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era
Where can I get fitted for a bra?
Joy Larison , NASM Elite Trainer, Fitness, answered
Surprisingly, most women aren't wearing the correct bra size. I believe I recently heard only one in ten women is wearing her correct size. If you are constantly readjusting the straps, or pulling at it, you need to see a professional. Many department stores have specialists in the lingerie sections that have gone through training in this area. I have had it done at JC Penneys and at Dillard's stores. Hope this helps!
See all Gynecology questions