Lora Lindsey, MD
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology
Location and Office HoursExceptional Health Care
70 Jungerman Cir Ste 101
Saint Peters, MO 63376
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- BlueCross BlueShield
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- HealthCare USA
- Tricare/Humana Military Healthcare
- United Healthcare
- Barnes-Jewish St Peter's Hospital
- Progress West HealthCare Center
What gynecologic procedures can be done robotically?
In most cases of uterine and cervical cancer, robotic surgery is a great option, says Lynn Kowalski, MD, gynecologic oncologist at MountainView Hospital. However, In this video, she says that robotic surgery isn't right in every case.
What are some reasons for a young woman to see a gynecologist?
Greenville Health System answered
Reasons to seek gynecologic care for a young person include:
- Menstrual periods that are very heavy or painful, causing a decrease in activities or school absences
- Itching, persistent irritation, or rashes in the genital area
- Concerns regarding anatomy or puberty
- Safe-sex practices
- Sexually transmitted disease testing
- Abdominal or pelvic pain that persists
- Human papillomavirus vaccination
What is the reason behind violence against women by men?
Boston Women's Health Book Collective, Administration, answered
A man's act of violence against a woman may result from his individual psychological problems, sexual frustration, childhood abuse, unbearable life pressures, drug or alcohol abuse, or an innate urge for aggression. All these factors may contribute to the dynamics of violence. But these "reasons", often given to explain or even justify violent actions, oversimplify a complex reality: that violence against women is about power and control.
Find out more about this book:Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era
See all Gynecology questions