Different endocrine cancers call for different kinds of follow-up treatment. It is common for your doctor to inquire if you have any symptoms and side effects, examine you manually, and use imaging tests such as x-rays or CT scans to see if the cancer has returned or grown. If you have had a cancer-stricken endocrine gland removed, or if you have taken cancer-fighting drugs that stop a gland from producing hormones, you may need medications to replace the missing hormones.
Joel I. Sorosky, MD
- obstetrics & gynecology
Location and Office HoursHartford Hospital
Hartford, CT 06102
Will I need follow-up care after endocrine cancer treatment?
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) answered
What are possible advantages to proton therapy for cancer?
Penn Medicine answeredThere are several possible advantages to proton therapy used to treat cancer, including:
- same tumor killing properties as X-rays
- decreased dose to normal tissues
- decreased side effects and complications
- treating tumors close to critical organs, like the spinal cord
- increasing the safe dose delivered to tumors
- increased cure rates
- ability to re-treat tumors after recurrences
- added ability to treat benign conditions
How long does fatigue last after prostate surgery?
Johns Hopkins Medicine answered
Fatigue is common after prostate surgery (even the minimally invasive kind) and should start to subside in a few weeks.
See all Small Intestine Cancer questions