Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about elbows.
Jeffrey G Deppen, DO
Location and Office HoursLansing Surgical Associates, P.L.L.C.
2720 S Washington
Lansing, MI 48910
- Blue Care Network of Michigan (BCN)
- Health Plan of Michigan
- McLaren Health Plan
- Eaton Rapids Medical Center
- Ingham Regional Medical Center, Greenlawn Campus
- Ingham Regional Orthopedics Hospital
Is it normal for my hand to tingle when I lean on my elbow?
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
What are common elbow injuries?
There are several types of injuries that can occur in the elbow. These include tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, dislocations, and medial/lateral epicondylitis.
(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)
What are common elbow injuries in children?
These are some common elbow injuries in children:
See all Bone & Joint Injuries questions
- Elbow osteochondritis dissecans is an impairment of the blood supply that leads to separation of a portion of the articular cartilage and bone.
- Little league elbow is an injury caused by repetitive stress on the elbow and may lead to delayed growth from fractures to the olecranon epiphysis, osteochondritis of the capitulum, and an avulsion to the medial epicondyle.
- A fracture to any of the bones which make up the elbow joint.