Opticians are skilled technicians who fill optical prescriptions and fit people with glasses or contact lenses. Opticians, unlike ophthalmologists and optometrists, are not licensed to test vision, write medicine prescriptions or diagnose or treat eye diseases.
- Fill prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Help people select appropriate glasses.
- Fit lenses into eyeglass frames.
- Adjust eyeglass frames for comfort and proper lens position.
- Clean and polish contact lenses.
This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© Healthwise, Incorporated.