Jeff Baker, MD
Specialty: Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
Location and Office HoursImmanuel Clinic
900 Dorman St Ste E
Springdale, AR 72762
- Northwest Medical Center Springdale
How can I keep my child from picking up germs at the doctor's office?
Scripps Health answeredVisiting a pediatrician? Have children bring toys from home instead of using the community toys in the waiting room. Remind children to keep their hands away from their faces and clean their hands as well. Don’t let them wander around the waiting room; gently try to keep them away from other kids or adults who may be ill.
What are some summer fitness tips?
Joel Harper - Elite Trainer, Fitness, answeredI love the summer and I all the options that it brings. Here are a few ideas:
1) Pick an activity that you have always wanted to do-tennis, golf, windsurfing, rollerblading, trapeze, jogging.. and commit to doing it one day a week for 10 weeks.
2) Go to the park alone with a frisbee or a football and find a new friend to throw it.
3) Walk. Try for a day to do all your errands and activities without driving to them.
4) Pick one activity you never thought you would do, but always wanted to and hire the expert in your area to teach you.
5) Go to the local animal shelter and walk the pets.
6) Grab a friend and find a local park and pick up the garbage. It is a great way to burn your legs. Squat when pick up the trash-act like you are going to sit in an imaginary chair.
7) Commit to a friend that each week you will do a different activity alternating who surprises the other one. Encourage each other to be creative.
Helpful? 3 people found this helpful.
Are classes through the Parks and Recreation Department expensive?
National Academy of Sports Medicine answered
The program offerings from the Parks and Recreation Department are usually a fraction of the cost of normal health clubs because they are focused on serving the community. However, many sport-specific programs are only offered seasonally. For example, football programs will be offered during the fall, and baseball programs will be offered during the spring or summer.
See all Infectious Disease questions