Thoracic surgeons concentrate on cancers that affect organs inside the chest cavity, including the lungs, heart, esophagus, trachea, chest wall, and diaphragm.
Glen L. Moore, MD
- bariatric medicine
Location and Office HoursTidewater Surgical Specialists PLLC
5838 Harbour View
Suffolk, VA 23435
- monday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- tuesday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- wednesday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- thursday: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- Sentara HMO/Optima Health
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Premier Health Plan
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Chesapeake General Hospital
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Sentara Obici Hospital
What cancers do thoracic surgeons treat?
Riverside Cancer Care Center answered
What is a laceration (cut)?
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredLaceration is the medical term for a cut -- that is, a tear or opening in the skin. Minor cuts may be treated at home by washing the cut with mild soap and water, applying pressure with a clean cloth to stop the bleeding, and applying antibacterial ointment and a bandage. Seek medical attention right away for any more serious cuts.
How can cancer surgery affect a man's fertility?
LIVESTRONG answeredSeveral types of cancer surgery can affect male fertility. These include:
- Radical surgery to treat prostate or bladder cancer removes the prostate and seminal vesicles. These glands make the liquid part of a man's semen. They also cut the pathway for sperm cells to be included in the semen.
See all Bone & Joint Injuries questions
- Men with testicular cancer or colon cancer sometimes have surgery that can damage nerves involved in orgasm. The result may be a “dry orgasm” or the sensation of pleasure, but without ejaculating any semen.