Your family does not need to support you. You are 100% responsible for yourself and your actions. Start to focus on what you can do. Also seek out the support you need from a person with the expertise to help you achieve your goal.
Gerald M. Braverman, MD
Specialty: Family Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Location and Office HoursGerald M Braverman MD
NJ Rte 70 & Kingston Dr
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
- The University Hospital
- Virtua Voorhees
- Virtua West Jersey Hospital Berlin
- Virtua West Jersey Hospital Marlton
How can I eat healthy if my family doesn't support me?
Cathy Silva, Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
What are some good sources of plant proteins?
HealthCorps answeredIn an effort to cut down on unhealthy saturated fats, most food experts suggest limiting red meat consumption and choosing the leanest cuts when possible. Even white meats, such as turkey and chicken, have saturated fat, especially if you eat the skin. If you're interested in adding more plant-based proteins to your diet in place of meat, you have plenty of choices. Along with nuts, seeds, legumes and beans, here are a few to consider:
- Peas: one cup of peas contains about 9 grams of protein.
- Hemp seeds: one ounce has about 10 grams of protein. It pairs well with Greek yogurt, which is also protein-packed.
- Broccoli: one cup, cooked, has about 7 grams of protein.
- Lentils: one cup cooked has 18 grams of protein
- Quinoa: one cup cooked has 9 grams of protein
What does the word breakfast mean?
Kathleen Hall, Preventive Medicine, answeredThe word "breakfast" is derived from the phrase "breaking the fast." We fast while we sleep, and breaking that fast should make breakfast the most joyful meal of the day, as we have lived through the night and are beginning a new day. Breakfast is an opportunity for a new beginning that sets the stage and sets the table for the day.
Find out more about this book:Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?
See all Infectious Disease questions