Doctors in solo practice cannot be on call 24/7/365 so, typically, they will have an arrangement with other doctors to “cover” for their patients when they are not available. Most doctors practice in large or small groups these days so, of course, they cover for each other.
Elizabeth B. Burgos, MD
Specialty: Family Medicine
- family medicine
- internal medicine
Location and Office HoursVanderbilt Health Williamson
2105 Edward Curd Ln
Franklin, TN 37067
- BlueCross BlueShield
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Coventry Health Care
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- United Healthcare
- Baptist Hospital
- Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital
- TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
- Trousdale Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Williamson Medical Center
- How can I determine if other doctors will be on call with my doctor?
How can I determine if a doctor is part of a group medical practice?
Today, most doctors practice in groups, either large or small. In fact, as of December 2010, more doctors were employed by hospitals than were in private practice.
What is a healthcare provider?
Intermountain Healthcare answeredA healthcare provider is any of a variety of healthcare professionals. This may include physicians, physician assistants, nurse-practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, technicians, therapists, and others.
See all Healthcare Basics questions