Click below to watch chef Michel Nischan prepare this recipe.
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 cup fresh chopped onion
1 cup chopped leeks
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1-3/4 lb assorted mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (button, shiitake, portobello, cremini)
8 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
1 cup evaporated milk
1 pinch salt (optional)
1 pinch black pepper , freshly ground
1 tbsp chopped parsley (for garnish)
1. Place 6-quart pot over medium heat. Add grapeseed oil.
2. Add onion and leek. Sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic, cook until vegetables are limp, about another 3 minutes.
3. Raise heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and reduced by one-third, about 12 minutes.
4. Stir in broth and thyme. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
5. In batches, purée in food processor or blender. Return to pot and stir in evaporated milk. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper. Heat through, but do not allow mixture to boil.
6. Serve in small soup bowls. If desired, sprinkle each serving with chopped parsley.
Makes 10 servings
Amount Per Serving
Note: Optional items are not included in nutritional facts.
Total Carbs 10.6 g
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
Sugars 6.1 g
Total Fat 3.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.3 g
Unsaturated Fat 2 g
Potassium 426.1 mg
Protein 3.3 g
Sodium 143.3 mg