Here's what you can expect after your nasal surgery:
- The first 12 to 18 hours after your surgery will be the most uncomfortable.
- Your nose may be sore in the area of the surgery. You may also feel tenderness in your upper teeth and the roof of your mouth.
- Your nose may feel stuffy and uncomfortable until the swelling goes down, about a week or two after surgery.
- Your nose may be bleeding too much. It may be "packed" with mesh or gauze for the first day after surgery.
- If you have splints on the inside or outside of your nose, the doctor will remove them about a week after surgery.