A vein is one of a series of vessels that carries blood from every part of the body back to the heart.
Charles L Mesh, MD
Specialty: Vascular Surgery
Location and Office HoursCardiac Vascular & Thoracic Surgeons Inc
Cincinnati, OH 45209
- monday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- tuesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- wednesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Choice Care/Humana
- Humana Health Plan
- Medical Mutual of Ohio/HMO Health Ohio
- Molina Healthcare of Ohio
- United Healthcare
- Bethesda North Hospital
- Christ Hospital
- Cincinnati VA Medical Center
- Clinton Memorial Hospital
- Jewish Hospital
- Mercy Hospital Anderson
- Mercy Hospital Clermont
- Mercy Hospital Fairfield
- Mercy Hospital Mt Airy
- Mercy Hospital Western Hills
- Select Specialty Hospital
- St Elizabeth Medical Center South Unit
- St Luke Hospital East
- St Luke Hospital West
- University of New Mexico Hospital
- What is a vein?
What are some heart healthy tips?
In order to keep your heart healthy, you should exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet rich in vegetables, fruits, lean meats, and maintain a normal blood pressure. If you have a strong family history of heart disease, visit your doctor to discuss further testing such as cholesterol levels and blood glucose.
What medical history questions might my doctor ask related to heart health?
The first step in the process of diagnosing and treating cardiovascular disease is a visit with your doctor to discuss your risk factors for developing cardiac disease, as well as any cardiac symptoms you may be having. As a part of this office visit, your physician will ask you about your personal and family medical history. For example:
- Have you ever been treated for high blood pressure, or been told that you have hypertension?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Have you been told you have high cholesterol?
- How much do you smoke?
Your doctor will also likely ask questions related to your family’s heart health such as the following:
- Has anyone in your family had a heart attack or stroke, and at what age?
- Has anyone been told they have coronary artery disease or heart disease?
- Has anyone had bypass surgery or undergone a procedure to have blockages in their arteries opened?
Your answers to these questions and others will help your physician determine your risk level for cardiovascular disease and whether gathering more information through tests may be beneficial.
See all Heart and Circulatory System questions