Bruce S. Smith, DDS
Specialty: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Location and Office HoursBruce S Smith DDS
Cypress, TX 77429
- monday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- tuesday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- wednesday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- thursday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- Humana Health Plan
- Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- North Cypress Medical Center
Can oral health affect overall health?
Anne Fabiny, MD, Gerontology, answeredOral health problems can affect overall health. Poor nutrition sometimes stems from trouble chewing, difficulty swallowing due to too little saliva, or ill-fitting dentures that work poorly or hurt. Gingivitis (gum inflammation) and periodontitis (advanced gum disease) may also have broader health implications, as increasing evidence links gum diseases to diabetes and heart disease.
How many women know the risks of not getting oral healthcare?
Many women are unaware of the risks of not getting good dental health care. This lack of awareness is more common in women without dental insurance and those who believe they do not have poor oral health. This is alarming because of the significant benefits to be had by routine visits to the dentist, brushing and flossing correctly, and maintaining good health habits such as not smoking.
Why should I get my teeth cleaned?
American Dental Association answeredThe following are five great reasons to get your teeth cleaned:
1. To learn about the best way to keep your teeth clean every day.
2. To keep your mouth healthy, which will help keep your whole body healthy.
3. To help prevent gum disease, which could cause tooth loss.
4. To remove tartar (a hard build-up that makes it tough to clean your teeth).
5. To get rid of stains on teeth that cannot be removed just by brushing and flossing.
See all Oral Health questions