Professional teeth cleanings are very important to your dental health. That's because professional cleanings are essential to the removal of plaque, calculus (tartar) and tooth stains. They also give your dentist a chance to examine your mouth for cavities or gum disease. The ADA recommends that you schedule regular dental checkups to ensure good oral health.
Bruce S. Smith, DDS
Specialty: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Location and Office HoursBruce S Smith DDS
Cypress, TX 77429
- monday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- tuesday: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- wednesday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- thursday: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare Cigna
- Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- North Cypress Medical Center
Why do I need to get my teeth cleaned?
American Dental Association answeredHelpful? 2 people found this helpful.
Can periodontal treatment during pregnancy cause problems?
Treating periodontal disease may reduce the risk of premature delivery.
What causes your gums to swell?
Swollen gums are often a sign of gingivitis, or gum disease caused by a buildup of plaque on the teeth at and below the gum line. Other causes of swollen gums include:
- viral or fungal infection
- poor nutrition or a vitamin deficiency
- dentures that don't fit well
- being pregnant
- drug side effects
See all Oral Health questions