Symptoms often associated with colon problems include blood in your stool, recent change in bowel habits, unexplained weight loss, or persistent stomach pain or cramping. However, these symptoms might be caused by something else, so it is important to see your doctor if you are experiencing any of them. Often, there are no symptoms associated with colorectal polyps or colon cancer, so it is very important to schedule colon cancer screening tests beginning at age 50.
Abhijit Kulkarni, MD
Location and Office HoursAllegheny Center for Digestive Health
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Bravo by Elder Health
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Gateway Health Plan
- Great-West Healthcare CIGNA
- Keystone Blue (Highmark BC/BS)
- Keystone Health Plan West (Highmark BC/BS)
- Optimum Choice/MAMSI (UnitedHealthcare)
- Security Blue (Highmark BC/BS)
- TRICARE North/HealthNet Federal Services
- UPMC Health Plan
- Unison Health Plan
- Unison/Three Rivers Health Plans/MedPLUS+
- United Healthcare
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital, Suburban Campus
- Kindred Hospital Pittsburgh
- Monongahela Valley Hospital
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital
What are some of the early warning signs of colon problems?
Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
What is amylase?
John A. Chabot, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, answered on behalf of Columbia University Department of Surgery
Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down starch into sugar (polysaccharide). Amylase is present in human saliva and pancreatic juice, where it begins the chemical process of digestion.
What are the symptoms of an obstetric fistula?
Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates answered
The most common symptoms of obstetric fistula are a foul-smelling discharge from your vagina and passing feces, pus, or gas from the vagina. Pain during sex and soreness or irritation between the anus and vaginal area may also occur. A person may also experience irritation or soreness inside the vagina and vulva area. Frequent urinary tract or vaginal infections may also be a problem.
See all Digestive Diseases questions