- Keep blood pressure below 130/80 mm/Hg.
- Stay in your target cholesterol range.
- Eat less salt and salt substitutes.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Stay physically active.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
AJ Pampalone, DO
Location and Office HoursNorthwest Indiana Nephrology
606 E Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- monday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- tuesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- wednesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Advantage Health Solutions
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Humana Health Plan
- Franciscan Physicians Hospital
- Franciscan St Anthony Health-Crown Point
- LaPorte Hospital & Health Services
- Methodist Hospital, Northlake Campus
- Methodist Hospital, Southlake Campus
- Porter Portage Hospital Campus
- Porter Valparaiso Hospital
- Regency Hospital of Northwest Indiana
- Saint Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers, North Campus
- Saint Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers, South Campus
- Select Specialty Hospital Northwest Indiana
- St Anthony Memorial Health Centers
- The Community Hospital
How can I keep my kidneys healthy?
Steps to help keep your kidneys healthy include the following:
What complications can arise from kidney damage?
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answeredKidney damage can be particularly problematic because ironically, among the many jobs the kidneys perform, is blood pressure control. If blood pressure sensors in the kidney malfunction, a vicious cycle of uncontrolled pressure ensues. Kidneys can slowly collapse, eventually progressing from mild chronic kidney disease to kidney failure or end-stage renal disease (ESRD), where they just stop doing any good at all.
What factors affect my prognosis with renal cell cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care Center answered
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following:The stage of the disease The patient's age and general health
This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.
See all Kidney Disease questions